Details for Benchmark: SQ0557
N 47° 29.630 W 107° 52.166 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PHILLIPS county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1885 by MORC (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1937 by USE (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US ENGINEERS 1937
THE STATION IS IN PHILLIPS COUNTY ON THE LEFT BANK OF THE MISSOURI RIVER AND VERY NEAR THE EAST CENTER OF SECTION 15, T. 20 N., R. 30 E. THE STATION IS IN THE VICINITY OF THE BIG BEND OF THE MISSOURI RIVER ABOUT 3 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE MOUTH OF THE MUSSELSHELL RIVER, 1-1/4 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE MOUTH OF WIOTE (JIM WELLS) COULEE, 3/4 MILE WEST OF THE EAST CHANNEL OF THE MISSOURI RIVER AND 1/2 MILE SOUTHEAST OF WIOTE (JIM WELLS) COULEE AT ITS NEAREST POINT. STATION HILL IS THE HIGHEST GRASSY KNOLL OF THE PENINSULAR PLATEAU EXTENDING SOUTH INTO THE BIG U-SHAPED BEND OF THE MISSOURI RIVER.
THE STATION IS ACCESSIBLE BY AUTOMOBILE BY FOLLOWING ROAD AS DESCRIBED FOR STATION LUCK TO CREST OF DIVIDE OVERLOOKING THE MISSOURI RIVER AND INTERSECTION OF ROADS. TURN RIGHT ON DIVIDE AND FOLLOW DIM TRAIL ALONG TOP OF DIVIDE TO BASE OF HIGH GRASSY HILL. FROM HERE PROCEED ACROSS COUNTRY TO TOP OF HILL AND STATION.
MONUMENT IS 5 IN IRON PIPE OF M.R.C. WHICH HAS BEEN CONCRETED AND REPAIRED.
A 4.5 FOOT STAND WITH 14-FOOT TARGETS WILL CLEAR ALL LINES.
|01/01/1937 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1937
STATION MARK--MONUMENT IS 5 IN. IRON PIPE OF MORC WHICH HAS BEEN CONCRETED AND REPAIRED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.