Details for Benchmark: SQ0624
N 47° 28.018 W 106° 58.815 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GARFIELD county, MT View Original Datasheet
- STAR ET
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1964
STATION LOCATED ABOUT 10 MI. N. AND 3-1/2 MI. W. OF JORDAN, ON A HIGH ABODE RIDGE ABOUT 0.7 MI. N. OF THE (ABANDONED) NORTH STAR SCHOOL, IN THE NE. 1/4, SEC. 27, T 20 N, R 37 E.
TO REACH FROM JORDAN POST OFFICE, GO N. ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 0.3 MI. TO Y-RD., TAKE LEFT FORK STRAIGHT AHEAD 0.1 MI. TO CROSSROADS, CONTINUE STRAIGHT ON MAIN GRADED RD. N. 6.3 MI. TO CROSSROADS AND SIGN --HELL CREEK-- POINTING W., TURN LEFT 1.3 MI. TO RIGHT-ANGLE BEND TO N., CONTINUE N. 3.1 MI. TO CROSSROADS AND SIGN --HELL CREEK-- POINTING N., TURN LEFT (W.) 1.8 MI. TO T-RD. E. AT SCHOOL HOUSE, TURN RIGHT (N.) 0.7 MI. TO CATTLEGUARD AND STATION ON TOP 400 FT. TO YOUR LEFT ON N. SIDE OF FENCE.
STATION MARK--STANDARD ALUMINUM TABLET RIVETED TO A 1 IN. IRON PIPE PROJECTING 0.8 FT., SURROUNDED BY ROCKS, STAMPED---STAR ET 1964---.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.