Details for Benchmark: SR0580
N 47° 05.583 W 109° 39.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FERGUS county, MT View Original Datasheet
- L 48
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
2.0 MI NE FROM ROSSFORK. ABOUT 2.0 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE GREAT NORTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT ROSSFORK, IN SECTION 2, T 15 N, R 16 E, ABOUT 100 FEET SOUTH OF AND ACROSS THE TRACK FROM MILEPOST 16, 46 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF A CULVERT, AND ABOUT 15 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.