Details for Benchmark: SR0694
N 47° 12.850 W 109° 30.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FERGUS county, MT View Original Datasheet
- GWM 10
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
4.45 MI NW FROM BROOKS. ABOUT 0.25 MILE NORTH ALONG THE CHICAGO, MILWAUKEE, ST. PAUL AND PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION SIGN AND GRAIN ELEVATOR AT BROOKS, THENCE 4.2 MILES WEST ALONG A PAVED ROAD, IN SECTION 23, T 17 N, R 17 E, ON THE CREST OF A HILL SLOPING NORTHWESTERLY, 33 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 27 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A POWER POLE, IN LINE WITH A ROW OF POWER POLES, 9 FEET EAST OF A CORNER FENCE POST, 1.0 FOOT NORTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.