Details for Benchmark: SR0710
N 47° 15.917 W 109° 40.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FERGUS county, MT View Original Datasheet
- G 185
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1973
14.65 MI SE FROM DENTON. ABOUT 8.0 MI SOUTHEAST ALONG THE CMSTP AND P RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT DENTON, THENCE 0.2 MI NORTH ALONG A TRAIL ROAD, THENCE 6.45 MILES EAST ALONG A PAVED ROAD, IN SECTION 3, T 17 N, R 16 E, 0.15 MI EAST OF THE JCT OF THE RD AND A GRADED DIRT RD LEADING NORTHWEST, IN THE CENTER OF AN AREA OF LAND ON THE NORTH SIDE OF A CREEK WHICH IS FORMED BY THE CREEK MAKING A HORSESHOE BEND, 80 FT SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE RD, 75 FT EAST OF A FENCE COR, 37 FT WEST OF A BRACED POLE, 2 FT NORTH OF A FENCE, 1.5 FT EAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 3 FT BELOW THE HWY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.