Details for Benchmark: ST0527
N 47° 13.239 W 112° 54.355 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LEWIS AND CLARK county, MT View Original Datasheet
- FALLS PT LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (WFD)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 21 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF LINCOLN, ON A HEAVILY WOODED POINT, AND APPARENTLY LOWER THAN THE SURROUNDING MOUNTAINS. THIS STATION WAS NOT VISITED AND ITS HEIGHT WAS NOT DETERMINED. IT IS A WOODEN STRUCTURE CONSISTING OF A CROWS-NEST SUPPORTED BY FOUR POLE LEGS. ITS HEIGHT WOULD BE ABOUT 25 FEET. THE POINT OBSERVED WAS THE CENTER OF THE CROWS-NEST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.