Details for Benchmark: SU0208
N 47° 19.817 W 114° 55.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANDERS county, MT View Original Datasheet
- K 15
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1914 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
7.3 MI W FROM QUINN. 7.3 MILES WEST ALONG THE NORTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FREIGHT TRACK FROM THE STATION AT QUINN, ABOUT 1.6 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE DONLAN STATION, 390 FEET SOUTHWEST OF BRIDGE SIGN NO. 207, SET IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE SOUTHWEST ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE NO. 207 OVER THE CLARK FORK RIVER, 4.8 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE TRACK, 8.0 INCHES BELOW TRACK LEVEL. BRONZE BENCH MARK DISK. STAMPED K 15 1914.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.