Details for Benchmark: SU1117
N 47° 41.273 W 115° 09.597 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SANDERS county, MT View Original Datasheet
- PRIS ET
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1964
STATION LOCATED 6.5 MI. N. AND 8.5 MI. E. OF THOMPSON FALLS, AT THE PRISCILLA PEAK LOOKOUT HOUSE, 3 FT. S. AND 4 FT. E. OF THE NE. CORNER OF HOUSE.
STATION MARK - - STANDARD TABLET, STAMPED--- PRIS ET 1964 ---, SET IN BEDROCK.
THERE IS A HELIPORT AT THE LOOKOUT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.