Details for Benchmark: SV0723
N 47° 57.765 W 117° 26.164 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SPOKANE county, WA View Original Datasheet
- C 265
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a prefabricated concrete post imbedded in the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
2.2 MI NE FROM DEER PARK. REACHED FROM THE MAIN INTERSECTION IN DEER PARK BY GOING 1.4 MILES EAST ON CRAWFORD STREET, THEN NORTHEAST ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 0.8 MILE TO THE SOUTHWEST ENTRANCE TO THE AIRPORT AND THE MARK AS DESCRIBED. A METAL WITNESS POST WAS SET 1 FOOT EAST OF THE MARK.
|01/01/1973 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1973
LOCATED ABOUT 2.5 MI NE. OF DEER PARK, AT DEER PARK AIRPORT.
TO REACH FROM DEER PARK POST OFFICE, DRIVE 1.2 MI E. ALONG DEER PARK-MILAN RD. TO AIRPORT RD., GO 0.8 MI NNW. TO OLD SOUTHWEST ENTRANCE TO AIRPORT. 140 FT. NW. OF ENTRANCE, 44.5 FT. NW. OF ENTRANCE RD., 4 FT. S. OF POWER POLE.
STATION MARK--STEEL NGS DISK STAMPED---C 265 1944---, SET IN CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH GROUND.
|07/27/1996 by CHANCE (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY JE CHANCE AND ASSOCIATES 1996 (KAL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 21 MILES (33.8 KM) NORTH OF SPOKANE, 6.5 MILES (10.5 KM) SOUTHEAST OF CLAYTON, 2.0 MILES (3.2 KM) NORTHEAST OF DEER PARK, AT THE DEER PARK AIRPORT, BOB DANO - MAYOR / AIRPORT MANAGER, PHONE 509-276-8802 TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 195 AND MAIN AVE IN DEER PARK, PROCEED NORTH ON MAIN AVE 0.8 MI (1.3 KM) TO CRAWFORD STREET, TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED EAST 1.35 MI (2.17 KM) TO AIRPORT ROAD, TURN LEFT AND PROCEED NORTHEAST ON AIRPORT ROAD 0.75 MI (1.21 KM) TO JUNCTION WITH CEDAR ROAD. CROSS CEDAR ROAD AND PROCEEED 0.05 MILES (0.08 KM) NOTHEAST TO THE STATION IN THE FENCELINE NORTHWEST OF THE AIRPORT ENTRANCE GATE. THE STATION IS A STANDARD USCGS BENCHMARK DISK SET IN TOP OF A 15 CM SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE STATION IS LOCATED 1.15 M (3.77 FT) SOUTH OF A UTILITY POLE WITH A TRANSFORMER, 0.25 M (0.82 FT) EAST OF A WITNESS POST, 0.95 M (3.12 FT) WEST OF THE AIRPORT PERIMETER FENCE, 5.45 M (17.88 FT) NORTHWEST OF A FENCE CORNER, 33.0 M (108.3 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF CEDAR ROAD
- This mark is at Deer Park Airport (07S)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.