Details for Benchmark: SV0940
N 47° 59.750 W 117° 33.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In STEVENS county, WA View Original Datasheet
- ZZ 24
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||halffast couldn't find SV0940
Landscape rock have been added up to the bricks and mark looks like it is covered up by them now.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1931 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1973
0.3 MI NW FROM CLAYTON. 0.3 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG THE GREAT NORTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT CLAYTON, 0.3 MILE NORTHWEST FROM THE CLAYTON P.O., AT THE GRADE SCHOOL, IN THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION, 2 FEET EAST OF THE NORTH ENTRANCE, AND 6 INCHES BELOW GROUND LEVEL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED ZZ 24 1931 AND SET VERTICALLY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.