Details for Benchmark: SV1410
N 47° 50.938 W 116° 03.087 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SHOSHONE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1938
LOCATED 9.3 MI. E. FROM MAGEE RANGER STATION, ON HIGH DIVIDE BETWEEN BIG CREEK AND COEUR D ALENE RIVER, ON TOP OF POND PEAK.
REACHED BY RD. FROM MAGEE RANGER STATION VIA JORDAN CREEK.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---POND 1938---, CEMENTED IN ROCK LEDGE.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1--STANDARD REFERENCE MARK TABLET STAMPED---NO 1 1938---, CEMENTED IN ROCK LEDGE, 60.94 FT. FROM STATION MARK, S 88 DEG 56 MIN W.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2--STANDARD REFERENCE MARK TABLET STAMPED---NO 2 1938---, CEMENTED IN ROCK LEDGE ABOUT 2 FT. NE. OF CORNER OF LOOKOUT CABIN, 24.74 FT. FROM STATION MARK, S 32 DEG 22 MIN E.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.