Details for Benchmark: SV1412
N 47° 50.510 W 116° 11.795 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SHOSHONE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- SPY GLASS PEAK LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1940 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1940 (ANS)
SPY GLASS PEAK LOOKOUT TOWER IS IN THE COEUR D ALENE NATIONAL FOREST. IT IS ABOUT 2-1/2 MILES E AND 1/2 MILE S OF MAGEE RANGER STATION AND 10-1/2 MILES W AND 12-1/2 MILES N OF PRICHARD. IT IS ON THE HIGHEST PART OF A LOW, BARE TOPPED HILL THAT IS KNOWN AS SPY GLASS PEAK. THE TOWER IS ABOUT 75 FEET HIGH. THE HOUSE ON THE TOWER IS PAINTED WHITE. THE TOP OF THE TOWER WAS INTERSECTED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.