Details for Benchmark: SV1449
N 47° 43.204 W 116° 19.718 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SHOSHONE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1938
LOCATED ABOUT 3 MI. N. AND 21.2 MI. E. OF COEUR D ALENE, IN THE SE. 1/4 OF SEC. 23, T 51 N, R 1 E, ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF A PROMINENT KNOLL KNOWN AS --HEMLOCK PEAK--.
TO REACH FROM TEPEE SUMMIT, DRIVE S. ON THE TEPEE SUMMIT-BUMBLEBEE RD. FOR 4 MI. TO U.S. FOREST SERVICE SIGN --HEMLOCK--, TAKE RD. TO HEMLOCK FOR 2 MI. TO STATION.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---HEMLOCK 1938---, CENTERED IN ROCK IN PLACE UNDER CENTER OF DESTROYED L.O.T.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1--STANDARD REFERENCE MARK TABLET STAMPED---NO 1 1938---, CEMENTED IN ROCK, 18.70 FT. FROM STATION MARK, N 27 DEG 54 MIN E.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2--STANDARD REFERENCE MARK TABLET STAMPED---NO 2 1938---, CEMENTED IN ROCK, 32.9 FT. FROM STATION MARK, S 42 DEG 42 MIN E.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.