Details for Benchmark: SV1489
N 47° 29.316 W 116° 07.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SHOSHONE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled cross
- in a boulder
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1936 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1936
LOCATED ABOUT 3 MI S. OF WARDNER.
STATION MARK--CHISELED CROSS AND LETTERS USGS IN TOP OF ROCK SET IN GROUND.
RM 1--NORTHEAST CORNER OF CONCRETE PIER AT NORTHEAST CORNER OF LOT.
RM 2--CENTER OF STUMP OF TREE.
|01/01/1938 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1938
|01/01/1956 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1956
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. LOT DESTROYED.
TO REACH FROM BUNKER HILL AND SULLIVAN SAWMILL AT KELLOGG, TAKE DIRT RD. 1.3 MI S. TO RD. FORKS IN SADDLE. TURN SHARP RIGHT 0.3 MI TO RD. FORKS ON RIDGE. TURN LEFT FOLLOWING STEEP RD. UP RIDGE 4.2 MI TO END OF RD. ABOUT 0.5 MI W. OF KELLOGG PEAK. WALK E. UP RIDGE TO HIGHEST POINT AND STATION. (4-WHEEL DRIVE NECESSARY)
RM 2--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER IN STUMP.
RM 3--STANDARD RM TABLET, STAMPING UNKNOWN, IN NORTHWEST FOOTING OF DESTROYED LOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.