Details for Benchmark: SV1528
N 47° 07.277 W 116° 44.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BENEWAH county, ID View Original Datasheet
- CHARLES BUTTE
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1956 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1956
LOCATED ABOUT 15 MI NE. OF POTLATCH, 9 MI SE. OF TENSED. ON MOUNTAIN KNOWN AS CHARLES BUTTE.
TO REACH FROM TENSED POST OFFICE, DRIVE 6.7 MI S. ON U.S. HWY. 95 TO SANDERS RD. TAKE SANDERS RD. 5.9 MI TO RD. AND FS SIGN CHARLES BUTTE. FOLLOW FS SIGNS TO TOP OF MOUNTAIN AND STATION.
STATION MARK--STANDARD BRONZE TABLET STAMPED---CHARLES BUTTE 1956---, CEMENTED IN 4-INCH STOVEPIPE PROJECTING 0.1 FT ABOVE GROUND.
RM 1--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER IN TOP OF 18-INCH STUMP.
RM 2--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER CEMENTED IN ROCK OUTCROP.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.