Details for Benchmark: SX1192
N 47° 45.420 W 120° 31.676 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHELAN county, WA View Original Datasheet
- SUGARLOAF LOOKOUT HOUSE
- Marker Type:
- lookout house
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1940 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1940 (ANS)
STATION IS LOCATED ON SUGARLOAF MOUNTAIN, ABOUT 13 MILES NE OF LEAVENWORTH, IN THE WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST. THE TOP OF THE HOUSE WAS INTERSECTED.
|01/01/1950 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950 (WRH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST. IT IS ABOUT 24-1/2 MILES, AIR LINE, WSW OF CHELAN, ABOUT 22 MILES, AIR LINE, WNW OF WATERVILLE, AND ABOUT 25-3/4 MILES, AIR LINE, NNW OF WENATCHEE. IT IS A 14-FOOT SQUARE WOODEN BUILDING THAT IS 12 FEET TALL AND SITS ON THE GROUND. THE APEX OF THE ROOF WAS THE POINT INTERSECTED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.