Details for Benchmark: SX1579
N 47° 25.060 W 121° 28.885 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KING county, WA View Original Datasheet
- GRANITE MTN
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1958
LOCATED ABOUT 16.0 MI SE. OF NORTH BEND, 3.0 MI WSW. OF SNOQUALMIE PASS. ON HIGHEST POINT OF TOP OF GRANITE MOUNTAIN, 15 FT NW. OF AND 3 FT LOWER THAN GRANITE BOULDERS.
REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---GRANITE MTN 1958---, IN BOULDER.
RM 1--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 1 1958---, IN BOULDER.
RM 2--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 2 1958---, IN BOULDER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.