Details for Benchmark: SX1580
N 47° 12.242 W 121° 47.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KING county, WA View Original Datasheet
- GRASS MTN LO
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1955 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1955
LOCATED ABOUT 9.0 MI E. OF ENUMCLAW, 4.5 MI SSW. OF EAGLE GORGE, 2.0 MI N. OF WHITE RIVER. AT STATE DEPT. OF FORESTRY GRASS MOUNTAIN LOT.
TO REACH FROM INTERSECTION OF COLE AND GRIFFIN STREETS IN ENUMCLAW, DRIVE 0.5 MI SE. ON GRIFFIN STREET TO JCT. WITH U.S. HWY. 410. TURN LEFT 5.5 MI E. ON U.S. HWY. 410 TO SCATTER CREEK TRUCK TRAIL LEFT LEADING N. PASS THROUGH YELLOW STEEL GATE OF WEYERHAUSER TIMBER CO. ALONG SCATTER CREEK TRUCK TRAIL 9.7 MI FOLLOWING MAIN RD. TAKE LEFT FORK UPHILL 0.3 MI. TAKE RIGHT FORK 0.1 MI. TAKE RIGHT FORK 1.2 MI TO TOP OF RIDGE IN PROMINENT SADDLE. TAKE SHARP LEFT TURN UP RIDGE ALONG RD. 0.6 MI TO STATION. (KEY AND PERMISSION TO USE SCATTER CREEK TRUCK TRAIL OBTAINED AT WHITE RIVER MILL ABOUT 3 MI E. OF ENUMCLAW ON U.S. HWY. 410)
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---GRASS MTN LO 1955---, IN SOLID MASS OF CONCRETE IN CENTER OF QUADRANGLE FORMED BY LEGS OF LOT.
RM 1--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 1 1955---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN ROCK FLUSH WITH GROUND.
RM 2--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 2 1955---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN BOULDER.
1979 NOTE FROM FORM 9-1165--STATION MARK DESTROYED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.