Details for Benchmark: SY1607
N 47° 46.369 W 123° 07.641 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JEFFERSON county, WA View Original Datasheet
- MT CONSTANCE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1955 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1955 (LSB)
THE STATION WAS NOT VISITED. THE STATION IS LOCATED 20 MILES SOUTH OF SEQUIM, 10 MILES WEST SOUTHWEST OF QUILCENE AND 1.5 MILES NORTH EAST OF THE TUNNEL CREEK SHELTER. THE HIGHEST POINT WAS INTERSECTED. THE GEOLOGICAL SURVEY DESCRIPTION IS IN THE OLYMPIC PENINSULA TRIANGULATION PAMPHLET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.