Details for Benchmark: SY1639
N 47° 57.298 W 123° 15.577 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLALLAM county, WA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1926 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1926 (HAC)
STATION IS A HIGH AND RATHER ISOLATED MOUNTAIN S OF GREEN POINT. THE TOP IS SOMEWHAT FLAT AND IRREGULAR, THE SUMMIT APPEARING FARTHEST BACK. FROM DIRECTLY OFFSHORE SUMMIT APPEARS AS THE CENTER OF THREE KNOBS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.