Details for Benchmark: SY5670
N 47° 37.517 W 122° 08.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KING county, WA View Original Datasheet
- BEL 4
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by WA0109 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF BELLEVUE WASHINGTON 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 24.1 KM (15.0 MI) NORTH OF RENTON, 16.1 KM (10.0 MI) EAST OF SEATTLE, 3.2 KM (2.0 MI) SOUTH OF REDMOND AND ON STREET RIGHT-OF-WAY. TO REACH FROM THE INTERESECTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHAY 405 AND NORTHEAST 8TH STREET IN BELLEVUE, GO EAST ON NORTHEAST 8TH STREET FOR 3.54 KM (2.20 MI) TO THE INTERSECTION OF 148TH AVENUE NORTHEAST. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ON 148TH AVENUE NORTHEAST FOR 1.13 KM (0.70 MI) TO THE JUNCTION OF BEL-RED ROAD. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHWEST ON BEL-RED ROAD FOR 0.48 KM (0.30 MI) TO THE INTERSECTION OF 143RD AVENUE NORTHEAST AND THE STATION. THE MARK IS THE TOP OF A 1/2 INCH IRON ROD SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE PEDESTAL THAT IS 0.6 M (2.0 FT) IN DIAMETER. IT IS 3.1 M (10.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE HIGHLAND PARK FIELDHOUSE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1996.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.