Details for Benchmark: TF0922
N 48° 14.067 W 101° 14.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WARD county, ND View Original Datasheet
- D 4
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
3 MI E FROM MINOT. SEC. 20, T.155N., R.82W. 89.0 FT EAST AND 27.5 FT. SOUTH OF LARGE BARN. 14.5 FT NE OF FIRE HYDRANT, 33 FT NW OF POLE, 9.3 FT WNW OF STAND PIPE CONCRETE BASE. THERE IS AN OLD WOODEN WATER TANK 76.5 FT. SOUTH TO THE NEAREST LEG AND 74.5 FT. TO CENTERLINE OF THE LADDER FROM THE BENCH MARK. LOCATION IS 116 1/2 FT SO. OF THE SOUTHERN MOST GREAT NORTHERN RAILROAD TRACK CENTERLINE, 137 1/2 FT SO. OF ANOTHER TRACK CENTERLINE, 152 1/2 FT TO ANOTHER CENTERLINE, 163 1/2 FT TO ANOTHER CENTERLINE, 185 FT TO ANOTHER CENTERLINE AND 198 1/2 FT SOUTH OF THE MOST NORTHERN CENTERLINE RAILROAD TRACKS. NOTE-- WATER TOWER TAKEN DOWN AND FOOTING DESTROYED BY RAILROAD CREW. MARK WAS LOCATED IN THE RAILROAD WATER TOWER. THE WATER TOWER HAS BEEN RELOCATED BUT THE FOOTINGS (ESPECIALLY THE NORTH WEST SANDSTONE FOOTING) HAVE NOT BEEN DESTROYED. CHISELED SQUARE IS STILL LOCATABLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.