Details for Benchmark: TF0927
N 48° 14.233 W 101° 17.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WARD county, ND View Original Datasheet
- G 4
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1963 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
IN MINOT. AT MINOT, AT THE SOO LINE RAILROAD STATION, 100 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF MAIN STREET, 18 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 52 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE STATION, 5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE NORTH ENTRANCE, 2 INCHES ABOVE A WALKWAY, AND A CHISELED SQUARE ON THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE STONE STEP AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE OF THE STATION.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT THE RAILROAD STATION IS NOW THE MINOT INSURANCE AGENCY.
|01/01/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.