Details for Benchmark: TM0919
N 48° 18.003 W 113° 34.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FLATHEAD county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (JCC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 35 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF KALISPELL, 20 MILES SOUTHWEST OF EAST GLACIER AND 22 MILES SOUTHEAST OF WEST GLACIER ON SCALPLOCK MOUNTAIN.
THE STATION WAS REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
THE STATION MARK IS A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED SCALPLOCK 1963, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN BEDROCK ABOUT 10 INCHES BELOW THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS ON THE SOUTHWEST EDGE OF THE PEAK, 22 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE SCALPLOCK LOOKOUT HOUSE AND 12.5 FEET WEST OF THE WEST SIDE OF A SMALL FENCED ENCLOSURE.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED SCALPLOCK NO 1 1963, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK. IT IS ON THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE PEAK AND 12 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE ENCLOSURE AND ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE STATION.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED SCALPLOCK NO 2 1963, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK. IT IS ON THE WEST EDGE OF THE PEAK, 32 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE LOOKOUT HOUSE AND ABOUT 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.