Details for Benchmark: TM0926
N 48° 07.519 W 113° 39.539 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FLATHEAD county, MT View Original Datasheet
- BAPTISTE L O
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1956
STATION LOCATED ABOUT 30 MI. (AIRLINE) ESE. OF KALISPELL AND 2 MI. E. OF HUNGRY HORSE RESERVOIR, ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF A LOW MOUNTAIN, ABOUT 1 MI. W. OF MOUNT BAPTISTE. THE CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT HOUSE WAS INTERSECTED FOR HORIZONTAL AND THE EAVES FOR VERTICAL ANGLES.
STATION MARK--CENTER OF LOOKOUT HOUSE WAS INTERSECTED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.