Details for Benchmark: TM1052
N 48° 29.346 W 113° 46.162 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FLATHEAD county, MT View Original Datasheet
- LONEMAN ET
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1964
STATION LOCATED ABOUT 10 MI. (AIRLINE) E. OF WEST GLACIER, MONTANA (FLATHEAD CO.), AND ABOUT 4 MI. NNE. OF NYACK ON LONEMAN MOUNTAIN. STATION IS 32 FT. E. OF THE NE. CORNER OF THE LOOKOUT HOUSE AND 0.4 FT. HIGHER THAN HOUSE.
THE STATION WAS REACHED BY HELICOPTER, BUT IT MAY ALSO BE REACHED BY PACK TRAIL FROM NYACK.
RECOVERED BY USGS IN 1968.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---LONEMAN ET 1964---, SET ABOUT 6 IN. BELOW SURFACE IN LIMESTONE BEDROCK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.