Details for Benchmark: TN0829
N 48° 21.978 W 114° 29.254 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FLATHEAD county, MT View Original Datasheet
- TALLY ET
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1960
ABOUT 13.5 MI. (AIRLINE) NW. OF KALISPELL, MONTANA, AND 7.5 MI. (AIRLINE) SW. OF WHITEFISH, MONTANA, ON THE SOUTHEASTERN END OF A PROMINENT TOP. IT IS 80 FT. SE. AND 2.7 FT. LOWER THAN THE HIGH POINT.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 2 AND 93 IN KALISPELL, MONTANA, GO 0.8 MI. W. ON HIGHWAY 2 TO THE JUNCTION OF STATE SECONDARY 424 AND FOLLOW 424 N. AND W. FOR 10.9 MI. TO END OF PAVEMENT. CONTINUE N. ON GRAVEL RD. 2.1 MI. TO TALLEY LAKE RD. TAKE TALLEY LAKE RD. N. AND W. FOR 5.4 MI. TO A PASS. TAKE TRACK RD. RIGHT (N.) 0.4 MI. TO STEEP Y-RD. GO RIGHT FOR 0.4 MI. LEAVE TRUCK AND WALK NE. TO HIGHEST TOP ON RIDGE AND STATION SITE, ABOUT 30 MINUTE CLIMB.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET CEMENTED IN ROCK OUTCROP AND STAMPED ---TALLEY ET---.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.