Details for Benchmark: TN0834
N 48° 16.867 W 114° 42.727 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FLATHEAD county, MT View Original Datasheet
- ASHLEY MOUNTAIN LOT
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (OSR)
THE STATION IS THE DETERMINED CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER. IT IS A WOODEN CABIN PAINTED WHITE, SUPPORTED BY FOUR POLE LEGS WITH AN OVERALL HEIGHT OF 60 FEET. IT IS LOCATED ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF ASHLEY MOUNTAIN (A HIGH PROMINENT, HEAVILY TIMBERED MOUNTAIN), ABOUT 18-1/2 MILES WEST AND 6 MILES NORTH OF KALISPELL, 17 MILES WEST AND 9 MILES SOUTH OF WHITEFISH AND 7 MILES SOUTH OF THE STAR MEADOWS RANGER STATION, IN THE NORTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 18, T 29 N, R 24 W.
A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE FROM TRIANGULATION STATION ASHLEY 1959, THE DISTANCE BEING 4.79 FEET OR 1.459 METERS.
|01/01/1963 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1963 (JTD)
STATION MARK--STANDARD USC AND GS DISK BRAZED TO THE TOP OF A 2 IN. PIPE PROJECTING 1.2 FT. AND STAMPED ---ASHLEY 1939---.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.