Details for Benchmark: TN0843
N 48° 04.779 W 114° 59.343 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FLATHEAD county, MT View Original Datasheet
- MEADOW PEAK LOOKOUT HOUSE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1940 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1940 (ANS)
MEADOW PEAK FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT HOUSE IS IN THE CABINET NATIONAL FOREST ON A SHARP PEAK. IT IS 3-1/2 MILES N OF YAKT, 31 MILES WSW OF KALISPELL, 5 MILES NW OF MC GREGOR LAKE AND 1 MILE E OF THE LINCOLN-FLATHEAD COUNTY LINE. THE CENTER OF THE HOUSE WAS INTERSECTED.
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (OSR)
THE STATION IS ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF MEADOW PK, 24-1/2 MILES EAST AND 22 MILES SOUTH OF LIBBY, 7 MILES EAST OF HAPPYS INN, WHICH IS ABOUT 40 MILES SOUTHEAST OF LIBBY ON U.S. HIGHWAY 2 AND ON A LINE BETWEEN SECTIONS 19 AND 20, R 26 W, T 27 N. IT IS A 15 BY 15 FOOT CABIN SUPPORTED BY FOUR WOODEN LEGS, 40 FEET HIGH AND PAINTED WHITE.
A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE TO TRIANGULATION STATION MEADOW (USFS), DISTANCE BEING 3.857 METERS OR 12.65 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE STATION.
THIS STATION WAS LOCATED BY INTERSECTION IN 1940 AND DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.