Details for Benchmark: TN0862
N 48° 41.078 W 114° 41.529 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LINCOLN county, MT View Original Datasheet
- STRYKER PEAK LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (OSR)
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE BASE OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER. THE TOWER HAS BEEN ABANDONED FOR SOME TIME AND IS ROTTING AWAY, HOWEVER, THE CONCRETE FOOTINGS WHICH SUPPORTED THE LEGS OF THE TOWER SHOULD REMAIN INTACT INDEFINITELY. IT IS LOCATED ABOUT 8 MILES EAST AND 1-1/2 MILES SOUTH OF TREGO, 16 MILES EAST AND 18-1/2 MILES NORTH OF WHITEFISH, 16 MILES EAST AND 13-1/2 MILES SOUTH OF EUREKA, ON THE SUMMIT OF STRYKER PEAK AND NEAR THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF SECTION 27, T 34 N, R 24 W.
A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE TO TRIANGULATION STATION STRYKER THE DISTANCE BEING 37.24 FEET OR 11.350 METERS SOUTHEAST OF THE STATION.
|01/01/1963 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (JCC)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED. THE LOOKOUT HOUSE APPEARS TO BE IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.