Details for Benchmark: TN0888
N 48° 38.607 W 115° 05.507 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LINCOLN county, MT View Original Datasheet
- PINKHAM MT GENERAL TEL CO MAST
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (OSR)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 10-1/2 MILES WEST AND 4 MILES SOUTH OF TREGO, 9 MILES WEST OF THE LINCOLN-FLATHEAD COUNTY LINE AND 7-1/2 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE KOOTENAI RIVER. IT IS IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 9, T 33 N, R 27 W.
IT IS AN UNPAINTED STRUCTURAL ALUMINUM MAST WITH TWO LARGE MICRO-WAVE ANTENNAE AT ITS TOP AND HAS AN OVERALL HEIGHT OF 45 FEET.
A TRAVERS CONNECTION WAS MADE TO THE DETERMINED CENTER OF THE MAST FROM TRIANGULATION STATION PINKHAM 1959, THE DISTANCE BEING 127.14 FEET OR (38.752) METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.