Details for Benchmark: TN0898
N 48° 54.188 W 115° 21.668 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LINCOLN county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1963 (JTD)
STATION LOCATED ON RED MOUNTAIN, 0.8 FT. ESE. OF THE CENTER OF RED MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT TOWER, 7.0 MI. AIRLINE WNW. OF REXFORD AND ABOUT 16.5 MI. AIRLINE ENE. OF YAAK.
TO REACH STATION FROM THE HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER THE KOOTENAI RIVER AT REXFORD, GO SW. 0.15 MI. TO RD. CROSSING. TURN RIGHT ON THE YAAK ROAD AND FOLLOW IT 12.0 MI. TO T-RD. S. AND SIGN SULLIVAN CREEK ROAD 5 MILES. TAKE THE T-RD. S. 2.1 MI. TO RD. FORK THENCE LEFT 0.35 MI. TO RED MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT TOWER AND STATION.
STATION MARK- USFS TABLET STAMPED -RED 1950- SET IN ROCK OUTCROP, 0.6 FT. BELOW SURFACE OF GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.