Details for Benchmark: TN0916
N 48° 05.227 W 115° 18.786 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LINCOLN county, MT View Original Datasheet
- KENELTY MTN LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (OSR)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 21 MILES SOUTH AND 11 MILES EAST OF LIBBY, 5 MILES WEST AND 3/4 MILE NORTH OF THE SOUTHWEST TIP OF LOON LAKE, 3 MILES NORTH AND 3/4 MILE WEST OF THE RAVEN RANGER STATION ON U.S. HIGHWAY 2, 3 MILES EAST OF FISHER RIVER, NEAR THE EAST SIDE CENTER OF SECTION 22, T 27 N, R 29 W AND AT THE HIGHEST PART OF KENELTY MTN HAVING A GEOLOGICAL SURVEY ELEVATION OF 5983 FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL.
IT IS A 14 FOOT ELEVATED CABIN SUPPORTED BY A 14 FOOT HIGH LOG FRAMEWORK. THE CABIN IS WINDOWED AND PAINTED WHITE WITH THE LETTERS KENELTY PAINTED IN RED ON THE NORTH AND EAST SIDES. THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS 26 FEET.
A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE FROM TRIANGULATION STATION KENELTY (USGS) TO THE DETERMINED CENTER OF THE BASE OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER, THE DISTANCE BEING 10.221 METERS OR 33.53 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE TRIANGULATION STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.