Details for Benchmark: TN0918
N 48° 01.524 W 115° 24.844 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LINCOLN county, MT View Original Datasheet
- BARREN PEAK LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (OSR)
THE STATION IS THE TOP-CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER. IT IS LOCATED IN THE KOOTENAI NATIONAL FOREST, ABOUT 7 MILES NORTH OF THE SOUTH BOUNDARY OF THE FOREST, 25-1/2 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF LIBBY, 5 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE CONFLUENCE OF FISHER RIVER AND SWAMP CREEK AND 2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF FISHER RIVER.
THE LOOKOUT IS CONSTRUCTED OF WOOD, AND IS APPROXIMATELY 14 X 14 FEET SQUARE. IT IS SUPPORTED BY 4 POLE LEGS AND THE HEIGHT, OVERALL, IS ABOUT 25 FEET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.