Details for Benchmark: TO0814
N 48° 52.664 W 117° 14.934 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PEND OREILLE county, WA View Original Datasheet
- SULLIVAN MOUNTAIN LOT
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964 (JCC)
THE STATION IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE SULLIVAN MTN. LOOKOUT TOWER, LOCATED ABOUT 8-1/2 MILES SOUTH OF THE UNITED STATES-CANADA BOUNDARY, 5-1/4 MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF METALINE FALLS, 3 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE SULLIVAN LAKE RANGER STATION, ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF SULLIVAN MOUNTAIN. THE STRUCTURE IS BUILT OF WOOD, IS FOUR LEGGED, AND HAS AN OBSERVATION HOUSE ON THE TOP. THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS ABOUT 33 FEET.
NOTE--THIS STATION HAS APPARENTLY BEEN RELOCATED SINCE 1936.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.