Details for Benchmark: TO0815
N 48° 39.808 W 117° 02.354 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PEND OREILLE county, WA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964 (JCC)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 4-3/4 MILES NORTHWEST OF NORDMAN, ABOUT 1/4 MILE WEST OF THE WASHINGTON-IDAHO STATE LINE AND ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF INDIAN MOUNTAIN.
THE STATION WAS REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
THE STATION MARK IS A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED INDIAN 1964, BRAZED TO THE TOP OF A 2 INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 10 INCHES. IT IS 17.0 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST LEG OF THE TOWER AND 18.2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST LEG OF THE TOWER.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED INDIAN NO 1 1964, CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN A 1 BY 1 FOOT CONCRETE SUPPORT FOR A GUY POST. IT IS 22.8 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST LEG OF THE TOWER AND ABOUT 3 FEET LOWER IN ELEVATION THAN THE STATION
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED INDIAN NO 2 1964, CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN A 2 BY 2 FOOT CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 1 FOOT. IT IS 30.4 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST LEG OF THE TOWER AND AT ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE STATION.
THERE WAS NO SUITABLE LOCATION FOR AN AZIMUTH MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.