Details for Benchmark: TO0816
N 48° 39.804 W 117° 02.352 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PEND OREILLE county, WA View Original Datasheet
- INDIAN MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- lookout tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1964 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964 (JCC)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 4-3/4 MILES NORTHWEST OF NORDMAN AND ABOUT 1/4 MILE WEST OF THE WASHINGTON-IDAHO STATE LINE. IT IS A FOUR LEGGED WOODEN STRUCTURE, HAVING A OBSERVATION CABIN MOUNTED ON THE TOP. THE OVERALL HEIGHT BEING 52.3 FEET.
A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE TO TRIANGULATION STATION INDIAN. THE DISTANCE BEING 24.37 FEET, 7.428 METERS SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF STATION INDIAN.
|1/1/1967 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1967
$ STATION MARK--A FOUR LEGGED WOODEN STRUCTURE, HAVING AN OBSERVATION CABIN MOUNTED ON THE TOP. THE OVERALL HEIGHT BEING 52.3 FT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.