Details for Benchmark: TP0878
N 48° 39.000 W 119° 28.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OKANOGAN county, WA View Original Datasheet
- L 513
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
19.1 KM (11.85 MI) NORT FROM RIVERSIDE. 1.3 KM (0.8 MI) NORTHWEST ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE IN RIVERSIDE, THENCE 17.8 KM (11.05 MI) NORTH ALONG US HIGHWAY 97, IN TOP OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER THE OKANOGAN RIVER AND THE BURLINGTON NORTHERN RAILROAD, 7.0 KM (4.35 MI) SOUTH OF TONASKET, 0.25 METER (0.8 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF THE CURB, 0.5 METER (1.5 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF THE CURB. THE MARK IS 0.15 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (HM)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.