Details for Benchmark: TP1066
N 48° 16.741 W 118° 19.284 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FERRY county, WA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by BOR (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US BUREAU OF RECLAMATION 1935 (CMB)
LOCATED 7 MILES W OF INCHELIUM, NEAR THE N QUARTER SECTION CORNER OF SECTION 18, T. 32 N., R. 36 E., W.M., AT THE SUMMIT OF MOON MOUNTAIN. STATION LIES 23 FEET S. 67 DEG 26 MIN W. OF LOOKOUT TOWER.
STATION MARK IS A BRONZE STATION DISK SET IN CONCRETE IN A DEPRESSION IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK.
REFERENCE MARKS 1 AND 2 ARE BRONZE REFERENCE DISKS SET IN CONCRETE IN DEPRESSIONS IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM INCHELIUM POST OFFICE, DRIVE W ON ROAD TO TWIN LAKES. AT 5.3 MILES, TURN LEFT. AT 6.1 MILES, TAKE LEFT FORK. AT 7.2 MILES, TAKE RIGHT FORK. AT 8.2 MILES, TURN RIGHT ON DIRT ROAD. AND AT 8.8 MILES, TAKE RIGHT FORK AND CONTINUE TO SUMMIT OF MOUNTAIN AND LOOKOUT TOWER AT 11.6.
HEIGHT OF STAND ABOVE STATION MARK - 1.117 METERS.
|01/01/1945 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1945
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY USBR.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.