Details for Benchmark: TP1097
N 48° 29.847 W 118° 57.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OKANOGAN county, WA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1936 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1936 (CP)
STATION IS LOCATED ON A HIGH WOODED PEAK IN THE NW 1/4 OF SEC. 32, T 35 N, R 31 E, AND IS KNOWN LOCALLY AS DUGOUT MOUNTAIN. IT IS 3-1/2 MILES S OF THE AENEAS POST OFFICE, 15 MILES SW OF THE TOWN OF REPUBLIC, AND 21-1/2 MILES N OF NESPELEM, AIR LINE DISTANCES.
STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS WEDGED IN DRILL HOLES IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM AENEAS POST OFFICE, WHICH IS 15-1/2 MILES NW OF THE SETTLEMENT OF WEST FORK ON STATE HIGHWAY 4. GO W FOR 0.1 MILE AND TAKE T-ROAD LEFT, ARROW DUGOUT L.O., GO 0.65 MILE AND TAKE RIGHT FORK ON MAIN-TRAVELED ROAD, GO 4.15 MILES AND TAKE MAIN LEFT FORK, GO 0.1 MILE AND TAKE MAIN RIGHT FORK, GO 0.4 MILE THROUGH SAWMILL CAMP AND TAKE LEFT FORK AS PER ARROW DUGOUT L.O. GO 6.2 MILES TO TOP OF DUGOUT MOUNTAIN, LOOKOUT AND STATION.
|01/01/1945 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1945
TEXT PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED IN JOB T9.
|01/01/1947 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1947
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY NGS.
|01/01/1956 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1956
DESCRIBED BY NGS. ALL MARKS IN GOOD CONDITION. RMS NOT MEASURED. LOT AND HOUSE HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY REMOVED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.