Details for Benchmark: TP1109
N 48° 47.114 W 119° 07.339 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OKANOGAN county, WA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1925 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1925 (WHB)
ABOUT 11 MILES SOUTH AND 3 MILES WEST OF CHESAW, ON BONAPARTE MOUNTAIN, ABOUT 8 METERS SOUTHWARD FROM THE U.S. FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER.
SURFACE AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK.
HEIGHT OF SIGNAL ABOVE STATION MARK - 1-1/4 METERS.
|01/01/1956 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1956
NOTE--STATION HAS BEEN SPELLED BONAPARTE BY USGS.
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY NGS. ALL MARKS IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW TO REACH FOLLOWS.
TO REACH FROM HAVILLAH, DRIVE E. ON LOST LAKE RD. 4.3 MI TO T-RD. S. AND SIGN BONAPARTE MTN TRAIL. TURN RIGHT OFF MAIN-TRAVELED RD. ON LOGGING RD. 2.0 MI. PACK S. UP WELL-MARKED AND MAINTAINED FS TRAIL ABOUT 3.0 MI TO TOP OF MOUNTAIN AND STATION. ABOUT A 2-HOUR PACK.
STATION MARK--NGS DISK STAMPED---BONAPARTE 1925---, IN ROCK.
USGS RM--ALUMINUM BOLT STAMPED---USGS---, IN SOLID ROCK. (REMAINS OF 1899 USGS STATION)
1925 LOH--LOH HAS BEEN DISMANTLED AND IS USED AS A WOOD SHED.
1936 LOT--TOWER WITH 14X14-FT BUILDING PAINTED WHITE WITH RED ROOF.
|01/01/1957 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1957
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY NGS AND USGS. ALL MARKS IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.