Details for Benchmark: TP1113
N 48° 47.123 W 119° 07.331 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OKANOGAN county, WA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1889 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1889
ON THE CONSPICUOUS MOUNTAIN BY THAT NAME. THE STATION IS ON THE HIGHEST POINT AT AN APPROXIMATE ELEVATION OF 7280 FEET. A FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT OBSERVATORY, A FRAME BUILDING, 14 BY 14 FEET, ELEVATED 16 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, STANDS NEAR THE STATION.
STATION MARK--USGS COPPER - DISK STATION MARK SET IN ROCK. THE CENTER OF THE OLD TOWER IS 7.16 METERS FROM THE STATION IN BEARING 45 DEGREES 38 MINUTES.
|01/01/1957 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1957
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.