Details for Benchmark: TP1147
N 48° 26.958 W 119° 18.540 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OKANOGAN county, WA View Original Datasheet
- OMACH USGS
- Marker Type:
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1900 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1900
LOCATED ON HIGHEST PEAK ON RIDGE BETWEEN TONK AND OMACH CREEKS, AT HEAD OF SIMILKIN CREEK, A SMALL STREAM FLOWING INTO OKANOGAN RIVER PARALLEL TO OMACH CREEK. PEAK IS ABOUT 6.0 MI E. OF OKANOGAN RIVER AND CAN BEST BE ASCENDED FROM SOUTH AND WEST SIDES. ALL TIMBER HAS BEEN CUT FROM SUMMIT OF MOUNTAIN.
STATION MARK--COPPER BOLT STAMPED---USGS---, SET IN SOLID ROCK ABOVE WHICH A ROCK MONUMENT WAS ERECTED.
NOTE--THIS STATION WAS RECOVERED BY NGS IN 1925 AND TIED TO THEIR STATION OMAK. IT IS NOT TIED TO NGS STATION OMAK 2 ESTABLISHED IN 1936.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.