Details for Benchmark: TP1192
N 48° 36.660 W 119° 51.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OKANOGAN county, WA View Original Datasheet
- MUCKAMUCK LOOKOUT
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1925 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1956
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE IN OMAK, GO N ON U.S. HIGHWAY 97 FOR 5 BLOCKS TO A ROAD LEADING W AND A SIGN CONCONULLY STATE PARK. TAKE LEFT FORK AND FOLLOW A PAVED ROAD FOR 15.8 MI. TO CONCONULLY STATE PARK. CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD FOR 0.2 MI. TO AN INTERSECTION. TURN LEFT (OFF PAVED ROAD) AND FOLLOW A GRAVEL ROAD FOR 1 BLOCK TO AN INTERSECTION AND A SIGN B.S. PLACE 7. CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD FOR 1.8 MI. TO A ROAD FORK. CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD TO A ROAD FORK AND SIGN B.S. RANCH 5 MI. CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD FOR 2.3 MI. TO A ROAD FORK AND SIGN B.S. PLACE. TAKE THE RIGHT FORK FOR 0.7 MI. TO A ROAD FORK. TAKE THE LEFT FORK FOR 150 FT. TO A ROAD FORK. TAKE THE LEFT FORK FOR 1.8 MI. TO THE END OF THE ROAD AND END OF TRUCK TRAVEL. PACK UPHILL TO THE RIGHT OF A SPRING AND FOLLOW FOREST SERVICE TRAIL TO MUCKAMUCK LOOKOUT HOUSE AND THE STATION. ABOUT 4 MI. AND A 1-1/2-HR. PACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.