Details for Benchmark: TP1248
N 48° 59.110 W 118° 03.554 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In STEVENS county, WA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1904 by IBC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY COMMISSION 1904 (CHS)
ABOUT 1 MILE SOUTH OF INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY MONUMENT 170, ON THE SAME LOW WOODED RIDGE. THE STATION CAN BE REACHED BY FOLLOWING THE GRAND FORKS - ROSSLAND ROAD FROM THE WEST AS FAR AS THE SUMMIT OF THIS RIDGE, AND THENCE SOUTH ALONG THE DIVIDE TO THE STATION.
STATION MARK--AN ALUMINUM DISK SET IN SOLID ROCK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.