Details for Benchmark: TP1334
N 48° 58.605 W 118° 16.638 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FERRY county, WA View Original Datasheet
- OWL RESET
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1930 by IBC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY COMMISSION 1930
ABOUT 3 MILES SOUTHWEST OF LAURIER, ON A HIGH SUMMIT ABOUT ONE - FOURTH MILE WEST OF THE ABANDONED OWL MINE. THE TRAIL TO THIS MINE LEAVES THE ROAD ABOUT 3 MILES SOUTH OF LAURIER WHERE THE ROAD MAKES A SHARP BEND TO THE LEFT TOWARD KETTLE RIVER.
STATION MARK--A DRILL IN A SOLID ROCK. THE REFERENCE MARK IS AN ARROW CUT IN THE ROCK ABOUT 3 METERS TO THE WEST. IN 1930 A 2 INCH BRONZE DISK WAS SET IN THE ORIGINAL DRILL HOLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.