Details for Benchmark: TP1351
N 48° 56.741 W 118° 59.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OKANOGAN county, WA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1957
LOCATED ABOUT 21.0 MI E. OF OROVILLE, 10.0 MI NNE. OF BONAPARTE LAKE, 3.8 MI S. OF U.S.-CANADIAN BOUNDARY, 3.0 MI E. OF CHESAW. ON HIGHEST POINT OF HIGH TIMBERED MOUNTAIN.
TO REACH FROM WAUCONDA POST OFFICE, DRIVE 3.1 MI W. ON STATE HWY. 4 TO Y-RD. TURN RIGHT 12.4 MI N. PASSING BONAPARTE LAKE TO RD. FORKS ABOUT 1.0 MI NE. OF BEAVER LAKE. TURN LEFT AT SIGN BUCKHORN LO 10, CHESAW 10 4.5 MI TO RD. FORKS AT TOP OF RIDGE. TAKE RIGHT FORK 2.1 MI TO CATTLEGUARD AT RD. FORKS. TAKE LEFT FORK 2.1 MI TO TOP OF MOUNTAIN AND STATION.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---BUCKHORN 1957---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN BURIED BOULDER UNDER CENTER OF USFS LOT.
RM 1--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 1 1957---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN ROCK OUTCROP.
RM 2--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 2 1957---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN ROCK OUTCROP.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.