Details for Benchmark: TP1353
N 48° 45.657 W 119° 50.081 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OKANOGAN county, WA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1956
LOCATED ABOUT 15.0 MI NW. OF CONCONULLY, 10.0 MI SW. OF LOOMIS. ON HIGH BARE ROCKY TOP AT HEAD OF CECIL CREEK ABOUT IN CENTER OF SECTION 28, T38N, R24E.
TO REACH FROM LOOMIS POST OFFICE, DRIVE ABOUT 250 FT TO RD. FORKS AND SIGN CECIL CR. TAKE LEFT FORK 2.3 MI TO RD. FORKS AND SIGN DOUGLAS MTN, CECIL CR. TAKE RIGHT FORK 2.1 MI TO RD. FORKS AND SIGN DOUGLAS MTN RD, CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD 2.9 MI ON CECIL CREEK RD. TO RD. FORKS AND SIGN FIRE ROAD. TAKE LEFT FORK 0.8 MI TO Y-RDS. TAKE RIGHT FORK UPHILL 0.7 MI TO CABINS ON LEFT, Y-RDS. AND SIGN LOGGING SPUR, DEAD END, CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD ON CECIL CREEK RD. 7.3 MI TO SADDLE AT RD. FORKS AND SIGN THUNDER MTN. TAKE LEFT FORK 0.3 MI TO WIRE GATE, PASS THROUGH GATE 0.8 MI TO Y-RDS. PACK TO LEFT TOWARD BARE, ROCKY TOP AND STATION ON HIGHEST POINT. ABOUT A 20-MINUTE PACK.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---CECIL 1956---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN ROCK OUTCROP.
RM 1--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER STAMPED---1---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN ROCK OUTCROP.
RM 2--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER STAMPED---2---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN ROCK OUTCROP.
|01/01/1976 by USPSQD (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1976 (GLC)
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.