Details for Benchmark: TQ0563
N 48° 58.816 W 120° 29.375 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OKANOGAN county, WA View Original Datasheet
- BUNKER HILL
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by IBC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY COMMISSION 1935 (JH)
ABOUT 1-1/2 MILES SOUTH AND A LITTLE WEST OF INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY MONUMENT 88, ON THE SUMMIT OF THE ROCK DOME ON THE NORTHWESTERNMOST END OF BUNKER HILL (GRAY MOUNTAIN). THE STATION IS ABOUT ONE - HALF MILE NORTHWEST OF THE US FOREST SERVICE BUNKER HILL LOOKOUT STATION.
STATION MARK--A 3 - INCH BRONZE - DISK STATION MARK BEARING THE WORDS ---INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY COMMISSION---SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN A ROCK ABOUT 2-1/2 BY 4 FEET IN SURFACE DIMENSIONS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.