Details for Benchmark: TQ0682
N 48° 54.507 W 121° 27.758 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WHATCOM county, WA View Original Datasheet
- COPPER MTN LOH
- Marker Type:
- lookout house
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1939 by USGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1939
|01/01/1950 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1950
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY USGS.
LOCATED ABOUT 22 MI E. AND 1.25 MI N. OF GLACIER RANGER STATION. ON SAME RIDGE AS COPPER MTN. BUT ABOUT 2 MI S. ON LOWER POINT OF RIDGE.
REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.